Tajweed is to take out each letter from its articulation, and to give it its right and due qualities and rulings without being obligated according to what the Muslims received from the Messenger of God, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him.
The right of the letter: it is the subjective qualities inherent in the letter that are never separated from it and that distinguish it from others, such as whispering, loudness, arrogance, declension, severity, softness, and others.
Deserved of the letter: are the accidental qualities resulting from the subjective qualities such as emphasizing and refining; Valtvkhim resulting from superiority and thinning resulting from Alastvl.
1) Theoretical Tajweed: It is the set of rules that help to read the Noble Qur’an correctly.
2) Practical Tajweed: It is the correct recitation of the Noble Qur’an as it was revealed to the Holy Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace.
The birth of the science of tajweed
The science of tajweed arose during the era of the Messenger, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, for Gabriel, peace be upon him, recited the Qur’an to the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, and the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, recited the noble Companions as he recited, and they, may God be pleased with them, recite it as they received it, and so on until he reached us with the chain of transmission related to the Messenger The Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace.
Only the Noble Qur’an was written down in the early era of Islam, because the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, said: “Do not write anything on my behalf except the Qur’an, so whoever wrote on my behalf other than the Qur’an, let him erase it, and speak on my behalf, and there is nothing wrong with me, and whoever lies about me deliberately, let him take his seat in the Fire.” [Sahih] Whole: 17868]. However, when the area of Islam expanded and the non-Arabs entered it, the error began to appear in the recitation of the Qur’an, which called on scholars to set rules for this science that help in correct reading. So its rules were set and its issues were collected according to the recitation of the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, which he received from Gabriel, peace be upon him, and its knowledge to the honorable Companions, and its knowledge to the Companions of the followers.
- Practical Tajweed: The application of the provisions of recitation (practical intonation) is an individual obligation, that is, it is a specific obligation of all Muslims.
- Theoretical Tajweed: Knowing the rules of recitation (theoretical intonation) is an obligation of sufficiency, as some did it and the rest fell off the sin.
The rules of Tajweed
- The meaning of Tajweed with introduction to Basmalah and Isti’adha the correct pronoiciation for Noon and Meem shaddah & letters of lips.
- Qalqalah Mechanism, types , and ranks
- Heavy letters and light letters
- rules for for letter Raa
- Rules for Laam In word Allah
- rules of Meem sakinah (Idgham, Ikhfaa Shafawee, and Izhaar Shafawee)
- rules of Noon sakinah & Tanween (Izhaar, Idghaam, Iqlaab, and Ikhfaa)
- Laam Sakinah Rules.
- The Ghunnah and its ranks.
- Makhaarij (points of articulation).
- The Mudood (Elongation).
- Closed Taa & Open Taa.
- Rules Of Idghamm.
- Dealing with Separate Letters in Quran.
- Kinds of Hamzah.
- Al-Waqf (the Stop) & Al-Ibtidaa` (the Beginning).
- Types of Waqf.
- The Characteristics of the Arabic Letters.
- Lahn Jalee and Lahn Khafee.
- To be in a state of purity (ablution), and in that is one of the best remembrances. With its passport, the speaker has an award.
- The cleanliness of the place and the purity of the place, taking into account the majesty of reading.
- Maintaining reverence and submissiveness during recitation and reading.
- Miswaak, before starting to read the Qur’an.