The Friday Khotba is the Islamic jurisprudential name for the two Khotbas that the imam gives before the Friday prayer. It is one of the religious rituals of Muslims in all parts of the world. The doctrine of the Sunnis and the community. They are two sermons and have several conditions. The sermon also has conditions in it. The Friday sermon is before the Friday prayer is held on the same day called Friday, and its time is the time for the noon prayer on the rest of the week.
Friday Khotba conditions
The jurists stipulated many conditions for the Friday Khotba, and these conditions are:
- Intention; Intention; That is, the requirement of the khateeb’s intention for the Friday Khotba.
- That it be after the time of Friday begins, and this condition is considered by the four imams, and the Hanafis, the Malikis and the Shafi’is said that the first time begins after the sun has passed the noon, and some Hanbalis are of the view that it begins with the rise of the sun as much as a spear.
- That the Khotba be before the performance of prayer, which is one of the conditions considered by the four imams, if it is delayed from prayer, it is not valid.
- That the khateeb performs it while standing, as it was said: The sermon’s standing during the sermon is a condition with the ability to do so, and it is the approved saying of the Shafi’is.
- to be vocal; So that the considered number can hear it, which is the saying of the Malikis, Shafi’is and Hanbalis. It should be in the Arabic language, as some Shafi’is and some Hanbalis went to the requirement of the sermon in Arabic if the khateeb is able to do so, but if all the attendees do not know Arabic, then he sermons in their language, and the Malikis went to stipulate it in Arabic for the one who is able to do it even if the attendees do not know Arabic, and the Hanafi view It is desirable to be in Arabic.
- not have a foreign separator; It is what is called loyalty, and it is one of the conditions considered in the Friday sermon according to the Malikis and some Shafi’is. If a long separation occurs, it is usually necessary to appeal and repeat it, and some Shafi’is and some Hanbalis believe that it is not required, so it is not necessary to appeal to them even if the separation is long.
- That it be two sermons, that it be separated by a sitting, and that it be opened with the praise of God – the Most High – and the prayer of the Prophet of God – may God’s prayers and peace be upon him – and the testimony to God – the Mighty and Sublime – of oneness, and the testimony of his prophet with the message, and the commandment of piety, with the reading of a Quranic verse.
- To begin with the praise of God – the Almighty -, and this is one of the considered conditions for the validity of the sermon according to the Hanbalis and Shafi’is, with evidence that the Prophet – peace be upon him – used to open his sermon with the praise of God – the Most High. It should include a sermon and a lesson, so that it is a customary sermon.
- The presence of the number in which Friday is held, where the Shafi’is said that the number in which Friday is held is forty of those with whom Friday is held. With three people, with whom it is held on Friday.
- The preacher’s purification from major and minor impurity, covering his private parts, and standing during his sermon.
Sunnahs of Friday Khotba
There are many Sunnahs for the Friday Khotba, and they are as follows:
- to arrange between the corners; That is, beginning with praise and praising God, then praying for the Prophet – may God’s prayers and peace be upon him – then the commandment for piety, then reading the verse, then praying for the believers, and praying in the second sermon for the imams of Muslims for righteousness.
- And that the sermon be on a pulpit, and prayers be upon the family of the Prophet – may God’s prayers and peace be upon him – and the sermon’s greetings be upon the people upon his ascent, with his face turning towards them.
- The preacher should perform the sermon standing, leaning his left on a stick or something else, and facing his sermon towards his face, not turning to the right or to the left, and shortening the two sermons, and that the first is longer than the second, and raises his voice with them according to his ability.
- Purity and covering the private parts according to the majority of jurists.
- The preacher should sit until the call to prayer is empty, and he should be sitting on a chair and the like.